Meanwhile in Denmark: Distorted Danes

So they say Danes are generally quite introverts, but you need to see them during Distortion. It's a 5-day celebration with street parties that start from around 2pm and end with night parties. This is like THE time of the year for them, and they seriously get distorted. Things get crazy, and I mean...craaazy. Constant drinking,  crowd surfing, reckless dancing, weird dress ups, and so much more. Apparently it's also a thing to open a beer can and just throw it high up in the air. You won't look at it or where it falls if you're like a 'baws'.

So the first day, we had just arrived and a group of drunk Danes skål'ed at me (cheered) with a beer, and my response was "I can't skål, I have no beer yet". Within seconds, he takes out a beer glass bottle from his jacket, opens the bottle cap with his teeth and gives me the beer. "Have a nice day" he says. Cool, free beer with some extra saliva. Won't complain.

The second day, after the street parties ended, an unofficial party followed after a guy on a bike, playing club-loud music...from his bike...from his tablet. There must have been over 100 people gathered around the bike and strolling the streets, hands pumping in the air and head bobbing with the rhythm of some of the classic and modern songs.

Meanwhile in Denmark...heh.

Lastly, since I have a pre-historic, vintage mobile, I do not have any photos that I would have liked to take. But there are some here and here, from their official page.

Tags: | |

0 comments: